I don't really know what life is all about, but I know it's worth it.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The past

The past is such an evil thing.

It threatens and even ruins the future.

Life would be so much easier, if the past was more easily forgotten.
Life would be so much easier, if people would forgive their pasts.
Life would be so much easier, if people lived in the present, instead of the past.


Yesterday is yesterday.
Last week is last week.
Last year is last year.
Today is today.


I feel like everyone needs to get that clear. Nothing that happens in the past, should effect your happiness today, because that's exactly what it is: the past.
It happened, it's over. So lie your head down, and let it be. Because no effort will ever change it.
I've been crying for like two hours, because the past is threatening my future. And it shouldn't be.
It's amazing how much past experiences can scare someone. It terrifies a person to the point they push away happiness in the present, for fear that it will only repeat past unhappy experiences. Because something good has turned bad in the the past, many people think it will continue in the same pattern in the future,
which is not true.
I've worked so hard to let my past go and accept it, and I wish others in my life would to.


"Forgiveness is such a simple word,
but it's so hard to do when you've been hurt."



MAKE PEACE,
LET GO.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment