I don't really know what life is all about, but I know it's worth it.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

How to Save a Life

HOW TO SAVE A LIFE -THE FRAY

This song describes perfectly how I spent my life last night. Sleepless, I may be, but my heart is at rest, knowing I helped someone else who was struggling rest their head peacefully.

"And I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life"

Lastnight, I can honestly say, was one of the best nights of my life. I started online mentoring kids of about middle school age about a week ago, and I decided that I would offer my help as a 24/7 option. It's going to be a struggle, that I learned last night. I recieved call after call on video chat from kids who honestly needed someone. Someone they could trust. Someone to make the pain go away, just for a few moments so they could rest their heads and fall asleep, and to my surprise, that someone was me.
I could never explain the feeling that engulfed my body after each call ended. Knowing that I may have just saved someone's life.
As a teen struggling with depression and suicide myself, I knew my decision to help these kids was the thing I needed to do to make my own life worth living. From experience, I know the impact of someone willing to help and to care for you through all the hard times in a person's life. The urgency in the kid's voices I talked to last night, showed me how meaningful I was, and I'm pretty sure I found my purpose in life. 


So I guess this post is just for me to say,
we all know how to save a life.
But my quesiton is, how many of you

are willing to save a life?








No comments:

Post a Comment